Past AAHGS-Memphis activities have included:
* Presentations of genealogical and historic interest
* Tours of Historic Sites.
* Attendance at Genealogical conferences
* Demonstrations of Cemetery Preservation Techniques
* Meeting genealogy enthusiasts just like you!
The Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society of Memphis, TN and the Mid-South exists to:
* Support and carry out the objectives and policies of the national AAHGS, Inc.
* Encourage scholarly studies in local and national family history
* Encourage sharing genealogical and historical experiences to enhance the heritage of African Americans
* Host workshops and seminars to present information on history, genealogy and the cultural aspects of African American heritage
Bi-monthly National AAHGS Newsletter
Annual Journal of the AAHGS
Reduced Registration Rate @AAHGS Annual Conference
Opportunity to Join an AAHGS Chapter
Genealogy Research Training
Access to Research Study Groups
Group Tours & Field Trips
Community Service Projects
Chapter Social Events